Query computer for locked or unlocked state

thomasshouler
New Contributor

Is there a way we can query a computer for its locked or unlocked state? I'm familiar with endpoints to get the command status...

• /JSSResource/computerhistory/id/{id}/subset/commands
  • /JSSResource/computercommands/name/DeviceLock

...but neither of these tell me if the device has been unlocked after it was successfully locked

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks! After playing with the APIs a bit more, I noticed there's a ProfileList command that's issued immediately after a computer is unlocked. If anyone else wants to assert something similar, you can see the pattern via this endpoint: /JSSResource/computerhistory/id/{id}/subset/commands

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I don't know of a way to check for this state.

Truthfully though, if a device is checking in to Jamf, then it would have to be unlocked, since the nature of a locked machine is that it's not usable and wouldn't have a network/internet connection to even be able to check into Jamf Pro.

Thanks! After playing with the APIs a bit more, I noticed there's a ProfileList command that's issued immediately after a computer is unlocked. If anyone else wants to assert something similar, you can see the pattern via this endpoint: /JSSResource/computerhistory/id/{id}/subset/commands