Questions about JAMF with other system

toshigama
New Contributor

Hi all. I am considering bringing up a way to better integrate Macs into our management system and wanted to check here to see if anybody had input. Currently we are using Automate and ScreenConnect for our clients as they primarily use Windows machines. However, there is a growing number of Macs entering the environment and it's not a shocker to say that Automate and SC are garbage with support and integration on macOS. I was wondering if having JAMF setup on the Mac side of things would work well in tandem with Automate. Or can it only be one or the other. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

KyleEricson
Valued Contributor II

Don’t know much about Automate but since you said you have Windows devices I would suggest  Jamf Pro fro Macs and Intune for Windows. Also Jamf has a connector for Intune fro Azure Conditional access. Also if you want to replace remote control NinjaRRM Pro includes Splashtop or TeamViewer and works on Macs and PCs. 

Read My Blog: https://www.ericsontech.com

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I am not familiar with Automate or ScreenConnect in my Windows or macOS experience. 

ScreenConnect looks to be more or less a remote support tool. JAMF should have no issues deploying the software, granting screen recording permission is a manual process per Apples design. For remote support tools, BeyondTrust Remote Support works well, and that is what Apple uses themselves. BeyondTrust also works very well on Windows. Apple's focused for macOS is for it to be a consumer focused operating system, so functions like remote access and support are extremely lacking on macOS. JAMF has integration with TeamViewer, but can install and configure just about anything.