Quickadd

dmeridith
New Contributor III

No Matter what I do I cannot get the quick add to work during casper imaging. the package is signed. it works just fine after casper imaging is complete. but with a prestage and using casper imaging no matter what setting I use I cannot get it to work. any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15

dwandro92
Contributor III

Are you using JSS 9.x?

dwandro92
Contributor III

Sorry, double post... Anyways, are you actually putting the QuickAdd package in the image configuration, or do you mean that it's not joining the JSS normally as it should during imaging (without a QuickAdd package in the config)?

thedanielmatt
New Contributor III

I'm not entirely sure why your QuickAdd would be failing to install (might have something to do with the fact it is signed and signing adds a bit of complexity), but I'd advise another means of enrollment:

The easiest method to enroll your devices with PreStage (or Casper Imaging) is to set your Management account in the Configuration you are deploying. In Casper Admin, double click your Configuration to edit its settings and input the Management account you would like to deploy.

PreStage Imaging should be at least acquiring the devices (adding to inventory). You can then edit their management information in bulk to enroll/manage the devices: Do a blank inventory search, scroll to the end of the page, and use the "Take Action on Results" drop down menu to "Edit Management Accounts" and denote which account from your image you're using for management. It looks a bit different for version 9, but I think you'll get the idea.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@dmeridith wrote:

No Matter what I do I cannot get the quick add to work during casper imaging. the package is signed.

As @dwandro92 hinted, is the imaging process not enrolling the Mac? Why would you need to install a QuickAdd during imaging?

--
https://donmontalvo.com

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

What release of the JSS are you using? I think I remember seeing a release not describing a bug in 9.11?

dwandro92
Contributor III

as @easyedc said, if you're using 9.11 you might want to upgrade to 9.12 or 9.20. If not, verify that you have an SSL certificate setup under Settings > System Settings > Apache Tomcat Settings

dmeridith
New Contributor III

we are using 9.1.2 and I dont need the quickadd to be part of the imaging process? this seems to be the only way to get it to deploy the profiles.

dwandro92
Contributor III

The way you worded your last post is rather confusing. Are you stating that you don't need the quick add package to be part of the imaging process, or asking if you don't need it to be part of the imaging process? If you are doing this in order to apply configuration profiles, are the profiles scoped to a computer group or a user group?

dmeridith
New Contributor III

i was asking if the quick add needed to be a part of the imaging process. the reason we need these configuration profiles is because it adds the wifi settings.

thedanielmatt
New Contributor III

The QuickAdd itself does not need to be part of the imaging process if you setup your imaging process with the Management Account. If you use a "Configuration" and include the Management Account in that configuration, it will inventory and enroll the device during imaging - allowing for management and profile deployment (assuming your MDM is configured).

dmeridith
New Contributor III

oh ok let me try.

dmeridith
New Contributor III

like what configuration the one within casper admin or the prestage?

thedanielmatt
New Contributor III

You create your Configurations with Casper Admin. The Configuration is then deployed via Casper Imaging/PreStage. In your PreStage settings, select the Configuration that includes the Management Account.

dmeridith
New Contributor III

I tried this and it put the computer in casper but did not manage it. so none of my profiles for wifi showed up.

dwandro92
Contributor III

I have done some testing recently and have seen similar issues with configuration profiles. Are your clients behind a firewall/proxy, by chance? If behind a firewall, does your firewall have the correct exceptions setup to allow communication with the APNs?