Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Removing Dock Icons With Same Name

So we are planning on rolling out Office 2016 to our campus soon and we are going to be giving users the option to install 2016 alongside 2011 for the time being. Once they are happy with 2016, they can run the uninstaller we have in Self Service. Th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator 2.0 (packaging question)

OK, no VPP yet, and we need to deploy Apple Configurator 2. Should be straight forward, like every other App Store app, right? Um, nope. On first launch user needs to go to Apple Configurator 2 > Install Automation Tools... which creates these two sy...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault recovery key and McFee MNE import command

Hi all Im trying to create a script that will first generate a new FV2 recovery key then import the new key to McAfee's ePO using one of McAfee's commands. I've nicked a piece of @Sam.Fortuna reissueKey.sh script (thank you btw!) I've tried a few way...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock Screen Background

Hey All, I'm running a 10.11.3 machine and I'm seeing odd Lock Window behavior. What I'm trying to accomplish: A custom background image that displays at the FileVault Screen, Login Window, and the lock screen. For the first two screens, I've been ab...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Mobile App iOS 9.82

It looks like this weekend there was an update to the Self Service Mobile app (to version 9.82). We are finding anyone running this version is unable to connect via the app. It returns back "Unable to connect to server." Has anyone else seen this iss...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS API - mobiledevicecommands - BlankPush

Is anyone else having difficulty pushing commands to mobile devices via the API. I follow the link:"https://[myCompany].jamfcloud.com/JSSResource/mobiledevicecommands/command/BlankPush/id/300" to issue a "BlankPush" and then it comes up with this... ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad 1:1 End-of-Year Processes

In your 1:1 schools, what are you guys doing for end of year processes? I'm on the 3rd year of our deployment at our middle school and I followed the process of simply wiping/updating each device at the end of the year. At the start of the new school...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

International Employees - Where to buy DEP-capable hardware?

Hello hello! I'm curious where to buy laptops for international employees that can be enrolled in DEP and also be localized properly for the employee's country. In the past, we'd usually have one sourced at a nearby Apple store, but would prefer gett...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Window Config Profile Alternatives?

Hello- We've had a lot of trouble with the Login window config prof on 9.82, and I'm wondering how I can accomplish my goals without it. I'm trying to enforce "Allow Guest User" and create a login window banner. The login banner I think I can do as a...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group showing similar names in polices

Hi, Need a little help with some smart groups; I have Labs setup within Smart Groups - "Lab-C119-Mac" This brings back 20 machines - like it should When I want to build a policy around this smart group - it always seems to gather machines from other ...  View more

84e1cb2670524c42877aee26a8486cf9 7cb9f980c50d4a1db4e5c485651df5d7
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find default DP

Has anybody been able to find a way to pull a client machine's default distribution point using either the jamf binary or an API call?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assign VPP content to computers

Hi, I am trying to assign VPP content to computers. I've allocated the software to the computer and it appears in Self Service despite me having set Install Automatically/Prompt User. Anyone know why it would do this? Best wishes Michael  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues deploying Mac App Store apps via self service

We have started to get Mac APP Store apps not installing via from Self Service this is not happening with every app. They can be a fee app or VPP purchased apps, all of these worked previously but now just go through the motions and not open APP Stor...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoPkgr Issue

Trying to run this as everyone seems to rave about it, so i created a user in Caspers, full admin rights, stuck these details in the app, and i putt in our casper URL, and then the share point it auto found etc, but whenever I try to run a recipe i g...  View more

012399dfc4f54380b741de3f7a47d85e
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

User password policies on non AD machines

on our devices (10.10.x) we have two local accounts, one "ITadmin" and one "enduser" (also admin level).We want to set a password policy that only applies to the enduser account as we need to keep the ITadmin accounts the same. I've tried creating a ...  View more

• 44 replies
  • 3 kudos

Get Office 2016 Ext Attribute

Now that Office 2016 for mac is out and being used in the workplace, is there an extension attribute out there to pull the version in the JSS. I know there is one out there for Office 2011 but nothing from what i can see for 2016. Maybe there is a wa...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

SmartGroup Criteria Logic

I'm creating a Smart Group (and corresponding Policy) to update MS Silverlight plug-in. Based on this logic: Plug-in title HAS "Silverlight.plugin" AND Plug-in Version IS NOT "5.1" (then my related Policy installs the 5.1 package at start-up) If hypo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermitten Pauses in the JSS Web Console

I recently completed a project standing up a new JSS, and as part of that process we migrated to a new database. So, everything is pretty clean at this point. Additionally, I used the knowledge gained in the CJA class to make sure I am using the prop...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

See all filename extensions

I have been working on this all day and cannot find a way to make this work. We want in our IT lab, to show ALL filename extensions for all users. Essentially, if we use the com.apple.finder.plist for the user template and enable it for one user, it ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad with locked passcode can't be DFU'd

We have an iPad that has a 4-digit passcode that an unknown student has generously decided to test us with - and after attempting a DFU and clicking Restore iPad > Restore and Update > agreeing to iOS 9.2.1 update > and agreeing to terms > it errs ou...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office Insider

I saw this today announcing Office Insider and it put a bad taste in my mouth. Does anyone know if this is something we can suppress for Volume license installs or even O365 installs that are managed by IT?  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Progress bar of cached package using CocoaDialog

I've been trying to figure it out but is there a way to show a progress bar with precentage (most likely using CocoaDialog) to show the download progress of a cached package? We are kicking off a cached package policy via self service and our users h...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can't download Google Chrome v48.0.2564.82?

It's now been two days since the stable channel release of Google Chrome for Mac v48.0.2564.82, but every time I try to download it, I keep getting a DMG file with Chrome v47.0.2526.111 in it. Both the following links have the same problem: https://w...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors