Receive "Cannot reach Jamf MDM server" when installing VPP App

Tcisneros
New Contributor II

We are attempting to use VPP. we only have 3. 1 was added over a year ago and  is still working. Two were added just this week and those two are not working. When we click install a message in self service shows up saying Cannot each Jamf MDM Server. Then it opens the app store to the application page. The issue with this is that not all our mac users have an app store account. Which just makes things more complicated for me. Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.01.23 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tcisneros
New Contributor II

Hello All, So turns out that another department in my company was using the same VPP key from ABM as i was in jamf so they can deploy apps to iPhone using a different MDM Software. Because of this Jamf VPP was not working and causing the issue shown. The fix was for me to go in to ABM and add a new location. then add a new VVP cert to jamf. But to be completely honest I have given up on VPP. Now i just download the app and use composer to package it then deploy it in Jamf using the PKG. VPP is a great Idea but in my experience it only works maybe 50% of the time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

teodle
Contributor II

I am seeing this as well, although it's not taking me to the app store page. Just says "cannot reach MDM server" and errors out.

purchased the app thru Apple School Manager as usual,  scoped, made available thru Self Service it but getting that same message. 

This is an app that's scoped to only one computer (it's an app only used by one customer but it's a VIP customer). However, in  the Management/History for that Mac it says that NO MacStore apps are pending; none are in scope, and none failed.  What is going on?

MacAce
New Contributor II

Same here! Any progress on your side!?

thta
New Contributor III

Same issue here, any solutions out there? 

Tcisneros
New Contributor II

Hello All, So turns out that another department in my company was using the same VPP key from ABM as i was in jamf so they can deploy apps to iPhone using a different MDM Software. Because of this Jamf VPP was not working and causing the issue shown. The fix was for me to go in to ABM and add a new location. then add a new VVP cert to jamf. But to be completely honest I have given up on VPP. Now i just download the app and use composer to package it then deploy it in Jamf using the PKG. VPP is a great Idea but in my experience it only works maybe 50% of the time.