Recon 9.82

Brad_G
Contributor II

Doing some initial testing of 9.82 before production deployment.

One thing I like to do is create Quick Add packages for our support staff. When I go into Recon and choose to create a Quick Add package, as I put in my criteria (acct/pass) and options, there are no sites listed. It shows item 1, item 2, item 3 as my options. If I choose the Local Enrollment option it shows all the sites as it should. Is the a new bug in 9.82?

Anyone else tried this yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

spalmer
Contributor III

I just upgraded our JSS from 9.81 to 9.82 and am seeing this issue in some cases as well (see the attached image below).

ef28073b75d64738b1a8d61a88e63805

Running Recon on two "clean" packaging test machines (one running OS X 10.10.5 and the other running OS X 10.11.3) produces the results you mentioned. However, running Recon on my iMac (OS X 10.11.3) and MacBook (OS X 10.11.3) that I use for my daily work shows the Sites correctly when creating QuickAdd packages.

Some quick testing shows that this only happens on Macs that are not enrolled with the Casper server. If I enroll them using my previous QuickAdd package (created with Recon 9.81) the Sites show up correctly. Just to verify this is truly tied to enrollment in Casper I then did a

jamf removeFramework

on the same Mac and now Sites do not work correctly again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

spalmer
Contributor III

I just upgraded our JSS from 9.81 to 9.82 and am seeing this issue in some cases as well (see the attached image below).

ef28073b75d64738b1a8d61a88e63805

Running Recon on two "clean" packaging test machines (one running OS X 10.10.5 and the other running OS X 10.11.3) produces the results you mentioned. However, running Recon on my iMac (OS X 10.11.3) and MacBook (OS X 10.11.3) that I use for my daily work shows the Sites correctly when creating QuickAdd packages.

Some quick testing shows that this only happens on Macs that are not enrolled with the Casper server. If I enroll them using my previous QuickAdd package (created with Recon 9.81) the Sites show up correctly. Just to verify this is truly tied to enrollment in Casper I then did a

jamf removeFramework

on the same Mac and now Sites do not work correctly again.

prbsparx
Contributor II

We ran into this during our JumpStart today. We thought it might be because of the semi-complex setup we have or McAfee... glad to hear this might be a bug.

spalmer
Contributor III

I forgot to update this thread that the response we got back from JAMF Support is that this was filed as defect D-010065. So if you are seeing this issue you should report it and reference that defect.