Remote Jamf 200 & Jamf 300 Courses are Live!

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hello Jamf Nation Friends,
A quick update for you those of you who have been unable to attend classes due to Covid-19. I’m happy to announce that we’ve updated the Jamf 200 and Jamf 300 Courses for remote delivery. Classes are available on Jamf Nation now and you can enroll immediately. We’re still working on scaling out our capacity and will be adding more classes as soon as we can and as these fill. Additionally we’re still working on prepping the 400 for remote delivery, we do plan to offer this but do not have a timeline to share at this time.

While the curriculum and exam are the same as when we offer these classes in person, there are some key differences that are worth calling out.

Customer Requirements:

• A reliable internet connection - capable of receiving 1.0 Mbps and sending 1.5 Mbps.

• A test (non-production) computer with macOS 10.15.4 or later with a functioning camera.

• A test (non-production) iPad with iPadOS 13.0 or higher.

What’s Included:

• Five days (9 AM - 5 PM each day) of virtual classroom interaction.

• Server infrastructure

• Digital course materials.

• Proctored certification exam during the afternoon on the fifth day.

• Jamf Certified Tech badge on your Jamf Nation profile (upon successfully completing the exam with a passing score).

Training Pass customers can enroll as well via Jamf Nation and we will have an update for you on how we are looking to accommodate the length of Training Pass time shortly. We are working to finalize some of the more mundane administrative and backend tasks on our end. Keep an eye on your inbox for details but please don’t hesitate to register for classes that are available now in the mean time.

30 REPLIES 30

azt3ka
New Contributor

That's great. Thanks for doing this!

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Heck, might just need to update my certs. :)

--
https://donmontalvo.com

johndipanfilo
New Contributor II

This is awesome! Thank you for making this an available option!

mmohamed
New Contributor II

This is Great :)

Thank you

Sims_
Contributor

Thank you!

Stubakka
Contributor II

I just passed my JAMF 200 last week and was looking forward to the 300 being remote!

lroesler
New Contributor

Hey @Jamf: Are the virtual classes handled the same in regards of "The certification process is comprised of three (3) graded scenarios administered during class, and practical tasks administered during the afternoon on the last day."? Thanks!

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hello @lroesler,
We are using the same course content and exam material and criteria so for the Jamf 300 that is correct. For the Jamf 200 it is still a certification exam during the afternoon of the last day.

Cheers!

Nicholaus
Contributor

Just passed the 200 last Friday. The course works really well remotely!

omarluna
New Contributor III

I just registered for my 300 course. Thank you!

dkolegaev
New Contributor

I would love to register for Jamf 400. Please let us know once it's available.

Sims_
Contributor

@omarluna please let us know how it goes. I am looking to take the 300 course also.

salesloftcb
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Great work Jamf Training Team! 200 & 300 are excellent courses

Haiyan
New Contributor

Will we have Jamf 300 course in Australia in the near future?

Haiyan
New Contributor

Will we have jamf 200 course in Austarlia time zone recenlty?

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hello @Haiyan,
We have an upcoming 200 posted for Australian time zone and will be adding more classes as soon as possible!

pchimombe
New Contributor III

Ditto for JAMF 300 in Australia, if the material is ready I assume we are not far off.

kirsi_thorsen
New Contributor

-

Amoore
New Contributor

@pchimombe That sounds great! Can't wait!

debrat
New Contributor III

I'm in Hawaii and am interested in these online courses. Will there be classes offered in the West Coast area that will be similar timezone to Hawaii?

Jason33
Contributor III

Just registered for the 200 class

mmcchesney
New Contributor II

I would love to do the 400 as soon as that is ready.

Jason33
Contributor III

Has anyone taken the remote 300 course? I'm signing up for the class in December.

rjashton
New Contributor II

I've completed both 200 and 300 remote now. Both were excellent.

Sims_
Contributor

@rjashton How would you rate the difficulty of the 300 course?

rjashton
New Contributor II

Disclaimer: I have a decent amount of Jamf Pro experience at this point (approx 2 years or so), and I was already pretty familiar with the command line prior to this.

I found that the course very comfortable in terms of difficulty, this is in no small part down to the trainer but also down to 10 years or so of supporting macOS. I found that in 300 I was definitely learning new concepts (particularly around some new-to-me scripting bits and interacting with the API), it opened up my eyes to a few possibilities that I hadn't yet considered but the course definitely built on knowledge I already have.

mhundley
New Contributor

I was wondering if there was any update on the progress of content update for remote courses with regard to iOS 14 and Big Sur?

The latest information I can find on the training course pages (200 & 300) states :

A test (non-production) computer with any version of macOS 10.15 Catalina and a functioning camera. A test (non-production) iPad with any version of iPad OS 13. Note: Course materials currently do not support macOS 11 Big Sur or iPad OS 14. However, changes are underway and these requirements will be updated in early 2021.

I have a Big Sur device and iPad on iOS 14, as Apple are not signing 13.7 anymore I am unable to fulfil the requirements for the course however my employer has purchased a training pass which I am keen to make use of.

Any updated information would be gratefully received.

Jason33
Contributor III

@mhundley I took the 300 course in December - Big Sur is not supported in the training, but you'll be fine with iOS 14.

yuenhongtang
New Contributor III

Hi all. looking for JAMF 300 HK SG time..... Hope JAMF have that timing

Hasibravo
New Contributor III

Hello,
Please advise me I am thinking to register Jamf 300 but I cleared Jamf 200 in Dec 2018 so I am eligible for JAMF 300? or I need to re-sit in Jamf 200 exam prior to go for Jamf 300?