Replacement iPad and DEP Recognition

qhle373
Contributor

We had an iPad replaced through GSX repair, but when we tried to get the new device into our DEP, we had no luck. We reached out to Apple as well but the only answer we got was that they are aware of it, and they are working on it.

Was wondering if anyone had similar experiences, and if any solutions were reached. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Here is the Apple Document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6302
and according to our SE most are fixed going back three years.

In your DEP portal you can pull down a spreadsheet of ALL your devices, and at the bottom it will show you the replacements, orders starting with R-

to find this:
In the Apple DEP portal, In the left column choose Assign by Order number
In the order number blank, type in a 1, and then a list will pop up:Choose: All Available>Download CSV, and scroll to the bottom to find your replacement orders.
I just ran into one that won't go in, but if we are going back three years, I know there are random purchases from Target and Best Buy so I guess I'm setting these aside for now... or maybe it's one that is not fixed YET, as Apple admits they are still working on this
Sandy

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Here is the Apple Document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6302
and according to our SE most are fixed going back three years.

In your DEP portal you can pull down a spreadsheet of ALL your devices, and at the bottom it will show you the replacements, orders starting with R-

to find this:
In the Apple DEP portal, In the left column choose Assign by Order number
In the order number blank, type in a 1, and then a list will pop up:Choose: All Available>Download CSV, and scroll to the bottom to find your replacement orders.
I just ran into one that won't go in, but if we are going back three years, I know there are random purchases from Target and Best Buy so I guess I'm setting these aside for now... or maybe it's one that is not fixed YET, as Apple admits they are still working on this
Sandy

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Ahh, thank you Sandy.

I have had three devices replaced by AppleCare this year, and they are indeed part of my entire inventory, listed at the bottom. They are now assigned to my test server!

I have had some replacements through 3rd party insurance, and AppleCare is not transferrable this way. So those will not be in DEP.. :(

chris

qhle373
Contributor

Our replacement devices never showed up on our list, but thank you for the info

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

We have 126 devices that are whole unit replacements from Apple that cannot be added to DEP.

We escalated this pretty far up the Apple food chain, but no remedy so far
We can show the original serial # and the GXS number for the work order showing they shipped these to us, but that did not get us any traction. Apple 's response is that the issue is being worked on....no eta

These are part of our 1 to 1, so we're either going to supervise and enroll these with Apple Configurator or swap them with another building...

qhle373
Contributor

Thats the same response that we got to. We just had to redistribute to an area that didn't need the full supervision.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

My repairs were warranty work and whole unit replacements, submitted by calling AppleCare for Education not using the GSX portal.

qhle373
Contributor

@cdenesha thanks for the heads up. We'll go that route next time.

millersc
Valued Contributor

@cdenesha that's interesting since we are using a VAR for all our repairs. We also are having the same issue of devices not coming in after replacement. Will have to speak with the Account Rep again.

qhle373
Contributor

I spoke to Apple today, and was updated that although following replacement, there is that period were the devices are not in DEP. They will soon be passing into DEP. They are doing batch changes on their end. The devices will automatically go into DEP. Soon was the best time estimate they had. They verified the serial number of the device in question to make sure. Hopefully soon all of our missing DEP issues will be resolved.