Report on needed patches via Jamf Pro API?

straffin
New Contributor III

I hope I'm just missing something, but I can't seem to find a way to extract a list of the needed patches for a computer in Jamf Pro via API. A straightforward way would be swell, but I've gotten used to taking three lefts to make a right with the API for other tasks, so a multi-step process would work as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

straffin
New Contributor III

Okay... I apparently just needed to poke around a bit more. The Classic API "/JSSResource/patchreports/patchsoftwaretitleid/" endpoint appears to have what I'm looking for. Now how to parse it for what I want...

uurazzle
Contributor II

Hi @straffin :

I thought his might be of interest to you and others...

We have created two projects called "pyton-jamf" and "jctl" to address this and many challenged and give access to the Jamf Pro Classic API to provide automation allows performing Jamf Pro repetitive tasks quickly and provides options not available in the web GUI. “python-jamf“ is a python library that connects to a Jamf Pro server using Jamf Pro Classic API, including keychain support for Jamf Pro credentials via keyring python project, support for PyPi to support pip installation and currently supports 56 Jamf Pro record types which will expand in number as the project continues. “jctl“,  is a command-line tool that uses the “python-jamf” library to select objects to create, delete, print and update. It allows performing Jamf Pro repetitive tasks quickly and provides options not available in the web GUI. It is similar to SQL statements, but far less complex.

I am proud to be co-presenting along with current & former University of Utah & Marriott Library MacAdmins, including Sam Forester, Topher Nadauld, and James Reynolds at the upcoming Virtual JNUC 2021 on Thursday, Oct 21 at 1:30 PM – 2:00 PM MDT on “Turn 1000 clicks into 1 with python-jamf and jctl“.

Check out the presentation and GitHub repositories. 
If you have questions or need help, we have a channel on the MacAdmin Slack workspace #jctl