resource kit, enabling ARD users

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

So, I have the task of creating a specific user account just for ARD access, and I was writing my own script for it. Then I take a peek in the Jamf Resource Kit and they have a script as well, which is pretty much the same thing as my script but with minor differences. My script was not as chatty, no echos.

I already have a kick start script which enables ARD for admin users only and it works great and we deploy it via Casper Policy, now I want to change that to a list of specified users (which there is a command for in the kick start binary) to the two local admin accounts and the one non admin account we set up just for ARD viewing. The script in the resource kit allows for one specified user and when I try to add a list of users, I get all kinds of syntax errors.

has anyone added a specific list of users? I have created a hidden account which is non admin but I want it to have ARD rights in the remote management pane of system preferences.

Thoughts?

Thomas Larkin
TIS Department
KCKPS USD500
tlarki at kckps.org
blackberry: 913-449-7589
office: 913-627-0351

1 REPLY 1

milesleacy
Valued Contributor

From sudo
/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart
-h

- Give admin and bob all access. kickstart -configure -access -on -privs -all -users admin,bob

So, it looks like comma separated shortnames after the -users switch is what
you need.

----------
Miles A. Leacy IV

? Certified System Administrator 10.4
? Certified Technical Coordinator 10.5
? Certified Trainer
Certified Casper Administrator
----------
voice: 1-347-277-7321
miles.leacy at themacadmin.com
www.themacadmin.com