Restart Enrolment process

jalbert
Contributor

Is there a way to restart the process of enrolling a new computer into jamf with the prestage enrollment? 

I have one macbook that wasn't assigned when first starting a set, or rather the wrong one got assigned.  I started them all up, set the country, language, put in the wifi, and on the one, it went to the privacy screen whereas the rest, started the enrollment process.  

I corrected the mistake but it won't enroll now.  In the past, I have had to wipe to factory to get it do it again, but wondered if there was another way instead of having to do that, because I will have to reload the OS, iMovie, Garage band etc again on this if I go back to factory.

Thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It might trigger the enrollment (download profiles and install Jamf framework). I've seen it work, and I've not seen it work... Another thing you can try too is delete .AppleSetupDone and reboot. sudo rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TheWarmAtlantic
New Contributor III

have you tried running this?

sudo profiles renew -type enrollment

So let the basic setup process continue without the enrollment,  and then run that in terminal?  What will it do?. 

It might trigger the enrollment (download profiles and install Jamf framework). I've seen it work, and I've not seen it work... Another thing you can try too is delete .AppleSetupDone and reboot. sudo rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone