Restart policy not working?

ChickenDenders
New Contributor III

I'm been having a LOT of trouble scheduling a restart policy. Or even just a policy that immediately restarts whatever is scoped to it when the recurring check-in occurs.

I've got a policy, "Restart All" intended to just restart whatever I scope to it.

I've set the policy settings: Restart Options > Restart Immediately, but nothing happens. The scoped computers will sit on pending forever, never restarting. I included an inventory update, thinking maybe it will only restart after "doing something". Nothing happens.

So, I've instead changed the policy to issue the command "shutdown -r +3", to issue a restart command but give a three minute delay to report back to JAMF that the policy succeeded.. Still - everything just sits at pending, never kicks off.

Added a custom trigger, went onto one of the computers, and manually kicked off the policy via terminal. System restart after three minutes. Shows as successful in the policy log. Works exactly as expected.

I've been looking all over the internet for answers and it seems like scheduling a restart is a REALLY complicated affair. Don't get it. It looks like it's just built in to JAMF, but it doesn't work? I'd rather not get into scripting a pmset command embedded in a launchdaemon plist or whatever. I just want to use the built in tools to execute a simple restart.

SOOO what's the deal? I've got fifteen computers I'd like to restart before I start pushing an operating system upgrade to them this weekend. What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChickenDenders
New Contributor III

Totally forgot about Jamf Remote. Nevermind ;)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ChickenDenders
New Contributor III

Totally forgot about Jamf Remote. Nevermind ;)