Restricted Software Exclusions in JAMF Pro 10.15.1

janselmi3953
New Contributor III

In Restricted Software, I am able to block certain apps like Terminal from being launched. I also have exclusions for certain computers as well as local users that are on the computers. The exclusions worked great until I upgraded to JAMF Pro 10.15.1. Excluding computers continues to work fine, but excluding a LDAP/Local account does not seem to hold anymore. With that local account excluded, I used to be able to bypass the restriction and launch the app in question, just like I could with excluding computers. Has anyone else run into this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

janselmi3953
New Contributor III

Yeah, I read it in their bug fixes for 10.16.1. Haven't gotten around to upgrading yet. Thanks all.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ccsshelpdesk
New Contributor III

Just noticed the Same today when i went to manually do some manual Appe updates on a re-imaged mac and cannot as my admin user cannot run the restricted apps. This user is in the excluded users for blocked apps config profile.
So looks like a bug in 10.5.1

janselmi3953
New Contributor III

@ccsshelpdesk same here. I like the ability to log in as a local admin we have set and use some apps I have restricted for all other users, like Terminal. Right now, I'm finding myself having to exclude the computer I'm working on to temporarily gain that feature back.

jared_f
Valued Contributor

I also want to chime in here, I made a post about the same exact issue. This needs to be fixed ASAP! We are slowly rolling Jamf out across Campus and Restricted Software has been great. I really don't want to move to the configuration profile method.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

I have been informed by Jamf support that this is fixed in 16.1
It has been ongoing since 10.13 I think it was.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

It's fixes in JamfPro 10.16.1

janselmi3953
New Contributor III

Yeah, I read it in their bug fixes for 10.16.1. Haven't gotten around to upgrading yet. Thanks all.