Ricoh Printers and setting the Finishers

macdsl
New Contributor III

I've been reading how to deploy printers via the command line and with the great advice of mpermann in answering others questions. I think I have a OK handle on it...

But i'm stuck at one thing, The Finisher for Ricoh Printers. The first time I send the command:
l[padmin -p lpr139c -E -v lpd://172.29.134.121 -m /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/RICOH Aficio MP 4002.gz -o printer-is-shared=false -o Finisher=FinKINGB

Printer gets added on the client machine, but the Finisher is 'Not Installed' If I send it a second time, the Finisher gets properly set.

Not sure why I have to run it a second time to get the finisher to set... Should I be running it one to just install, and a second command after to set the Finisher? Anyone seen this before?

On a side note, what is the "tag" I use to get the command above to appear as a single long line that you scroll across? instead of it auto-wrapping in the post box?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Asnyder
Contributor III

The tag you are looking for is the >__ One above the post box.
The script below is what we use to install our Konica Minolta Printers. You could save it as a .sh and run it as a policy in self service or save it as a .command and just run it on the host machine. You'll need to change a few things obviously. As for the a second command to set the finisher. Ours just works. Maybe you can find something in ours that yours doesn't have. EDIT: ours has a -o after the finisher. Maybe that would make a difference? I can't remember what the -o is modifying

############
# Script to delete old canon copiers and install new KM
#
#
####################################################

# Delete old Copiers

echo "--Current printers"
lpstat -a | cut -d" " -f1 | while read PRTA
do
echo "-"$PRTA
done

lpstat -a | cut -d" " -f1 | grep "HS_Library" | while read PRTB
do
echo "-- Library printer detected attempting to delete: "$PRTB
lpadmin -x $PRTB
sleep 1
done

lpstat -a | cut -d" " -f1 | grep "Office" | while read PRTB
do
lpadmin -x $PRTB
sleep 1
done

lpstat -a | cut -d" " -f1 | grep "Copier" | while read PRTB
do
lpadmin -x $PRTB
sleep 1
done

echo "--Remaining printers"
lpstat -a | cut -d" " -f1 | while read PRTC
do
echo "-"$PRTC
done

##########################################################

# Download Drivers and Install Drivers 

cd /Users/Shared

curl -LO http://**ourcasperserver**/CasperShare/Packages/bizhub_554e_109.pkg  

curl -LO http://**ourcasperserver**/CasperShare/Packages/bizhub_754_109.pkg

sudo installer -pkg bizhub_554e_109.pkg -target /

sudo installer -pkg bizhub_754_109.pkg -target /

################################################################

# Setup and Install new KM printer

lpadmin -p NFVHS_Library_Copier -E -v lpd://**printerip**/queue -L NFVHS_Library -P /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/KONICAMINOLTA554e.gz -o printer-is-shared=false -o PaperSources=PC410 -o Finisher=FS534_ZeusX -o KMPunchUnit=PK520-23_ZeusX -o PublicUserAccess=True -o KMDuplex=Single -o KMSection=True

lpadmin -p NFVHS_Office_Copier -E -v lpd://**printerip**/queue -L NFVHS_Office -P /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/KONICAMINOLTA754e.gz -o printer-is-shared=false -o Finisher=FS534SD -o KMPunchUnit=PK520-23 -o PublicUserAccess=True -o KMDuplex=Single -o KMSection=True

rm /Users/Shared/bizhub_554e_109.pkg

rm /Users/Shared/bizhub_754_109.pkg

osascript -e 'tell application "Terminal" to close (every window whose name contains ".command")' &
exit

macdsl
New Contributor III
Thanks!

Eh, maybe it's just Ricoh being crummy..

rizkyknowledge
New Contributor

I am trying to deploy our Ricoh printers through Jamf school since we recently accuiered MacBooks but since Catalina doesn't let it instal properly I want to try it through Jamf school has any of you done this already ?