run xampp 7.3.31 on Catalina without administrator rights

Majid
New Contributor II
Hello,
when i try to start XAMPP 7.3.31 for the first time, it asks me to enter an admin account. As an administrator this causes me no problem, but standers users cannot start it, because they are not administrators of their computers. do you have any ideas how i can make the standard users as a admin  only for this app so they can start it the first time. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

sbrammer
New Contributor III

Did you ever figure this out?

I have the same issue but on Big Sur. It asks for the admin password everytime. Last semester we had an older version installed, and after the intital run with admin rights, it worked for the students. However when i upgraded to a newer version (beause of log4j issues), it seems it needs admin rights every single time which is not good for students\instructors who are not local admins. 

bbarciz
Contributor

We are exploring XAMPP as well, and I believe we have this working using a plist file into the LaunchDaemons folder.  I don't have it in front of me, but let me know if you want more help and I can get the details for you!

Did either of you deploy XAMPP software install using Jamf?  Looking to see if there have been any success because I am not having any using composer to get it installed in the \Applications folder.

Thanks!

sbrammer
New Contributor III

we actually stopped using XAMPP because of the logi4j issue. We uninstalled it, and never put back on. But when we did, I did deploy using Jamf. I installed it manually on one machine, then used Composer to package it and deploy it. 

Thanks for the reply!  That is what I'm trying to do as well, but getting a "the package is trying to install content to the system volume" error when I try to run the Jamf made package.