Safari Autofill Option Greyed Out

justingrigg
New Contributor II

Hello, I have a configuration profile that has "Allow Safari Auto-Fill" enabled under the Applications Tab of Restrictions. We have over 600 users on this profile, and randomly have users that report that the Safari Autofill Option Greyed Out. I have two users reporting the issue now. One is on an MBP with 10.12.4, and the other is on an iMac with 10.13.3.

I know there is a similar discussion from 2016, but none recommendations I have found online seem to address the issue. Has anyone had and resolved this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Chriskmpruitt
Contributor

Remove those computers from the config profile scope, then add them back so they get the updated profile

I know we have had issues with config profiles playing nice with different versions of Safari

justingrigg
New Contributor II

Chriskmpruitt, Thank you for responding! That was the first thing I tried and it didn't help the issue. I even wiped the machine and as soon as it re-joined jss it lost access again! It's pretty strange.

Chriskmpruitt
Contributor

are you guys on JAMF pro 10? what OS are the ones that are working? could you update those 2 computers?

I know this will sound strange, but this has worked for us before

uncheck "Allow Safari Auto-Fill" scope to all machines (everyone will lose access)

then check "Allow Safari Auto-Fill" scope back out to all machines.