Safari Extension Enablement Issues - Forcepoint

Mr_Rogers
New Contributor

Hello Jamf Nation!

I am encountering a rather vexing issue with Forcepoint's Safari extension. The extension is prompting for users to enable it, however upon enabling the extension they are still prompted every few minutes that the extension is not enabled. Closing and reopening Safari causes the extension to once again show as disabled and continue to prompt the user to enable it.

I've had mixed success with rebooting machines causing the extension to finally stay enabled however this has been incredibly inconsistent, sometimes requiring 2-3 reboots or sometimes not working at all.

Has anyone else seen behavior like this with a Safari extension or have any pointers on where to even look with troubleshooting this? I admittedly don't have a very strong understanding of how extensions for Safari work and could use any and all advice!

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

PCDoc
New Contributor

Following as I having the same issue.

bmee
Contributor

follow

travismchugh
New Contributor II

Following - have a similar issue. 

caffine247
New Contributor III

Follow

NickGuru
New Contributor III

same here. focepoint extension gets enabled in Chrome & Firefox, but in Safari it prompts the user. The good thing is... it will keep prompting the user every time they open Safari until they enable it. Our mac environment is 90% Monterey.

hdagidir
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is there a way to automatically activate this with a configuration policy? For example, I am using the following code for Chrome;

ulascelik_0-1659531374980.png