Safari Extensions

Jason
Contributor II

Whats the process for deploying Safari Extensions?

MacMule had this one back in 2014:
https://macmule.com/2014/10/15/deploying-installing-safari-extensions-on-safari-6-1-7-2/

But I don't see any "Safari Extensions List" in keychain, so not sure if it's still the same for Safari 11+

3 REPLIES 3

daniel_ross
Contributor III

@Jason were you ever able to find a solution for this?

Jason
Contributor II

@daniel_ross Nope. But i think things have changed with Safari 12 in Mojave. Just not sure what the "best practice" is to install and enable add-ins so users aren't interrupted.

gabester
Contributor III

On a related thread someone suggested SAP's privileges app but I don't see much else about enabling Safari extensions save someone saying you might not get what you want but maybe it's what you need? Apple's taken the dim view that Macs are personal computers, how dare enterprises try to manage the user's experience. Same nonsense they told schools about iPads when they were selling them carts full (in other words, iPads were personal devices where users ought to approve the apps being installed.) Apple eventually admitted defeat insofar as creating new MDM methods to allow that, so opening a support ticket with Apple might be the way to go.