San Diego JAMF Users Group?

brianfox76
New Contributor III

Is there currently a JAMF UG in San Diego? If not, should we start one?
I am the Casper & Apple admin for a major military installation in San Diego, and I would love to meet some of the other Casper admins, share knowledge, tips/tricks, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@dmueller @jhbush1973 @jsherman @ejboyd Thinking of doing a bi-monthly meeting to get more people involved... thoughts?
Next meeting in May?

Location suggestions?

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

dmueller
Contributor

Hi @brianfox76
@jhbush1973 was looking to start one: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=9358

I would also be interested if one does get created.

Best regards,

-dmueller

ericjboyd
Contributor

I'd like to join as well.

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@dmueller @jhbush1973 lets meet up this week at JNUC to see what we can get started. I am here in MSP, just got in and checking work emails. (already 50 and its only 11:30 in San Diego!), will venture out soon.

dmueller
Contributor

Perfect. Just got in myself. Maybe lunchtime would be good depending on schedules.

asegura
Contributor

Darn wish there was a JAMF User group in Los Angeles. I'm here for JNUC arrived today. How about a SOCAL JAMF User group?

brianfox76
New Contributor III

Let's meet them day at 14:30 at the top of the main escalator, if that works for everyone?

dmueller
Contributor

Sounds like a plan.

brianfox76
New Contributor III

Hey all! Happy Holidays! Was thinking about getting a CUG going in the New Year , mid-January? Dave - if we have it at the Carl Strauss up by Qualcomm, can you set up a table? I don't know many of us there will be...
Once we set a date, I will put a CUG event on JAMFNation to see if we get any bites.

Thoughts?

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@jhbush1973 @dmueller @jsherman @ejboyd et al, I have created the initial meeting of the San Diego/SoCal Mac Users Group (MUG) in the User Groups section
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/userGroup.html?id=15183359838

A few of us have signed up, but trying to get more people to join us.
Details are in the link.

Next MUG meeting is planned for Feb 25th, but not set in stone. JAMF has an incentive for MUGs, they will offer up pizza and sodas for the meetings. But our initial meeting is at Karl Strauss (scheduled before I knew about the pizza offer).

Hit me up if you need info or have questions/concerns/input.

dmueller
Contributor

Thanks for getting this set up Brian. If you can get me a rough count, I'll see if I can set up a reservation.

Best regards.

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@dmueller - It looks like 6 of us at the moment... Thanks for getting the reservation set up!
@asegura - if you happen to be in San Diego on Jan 22, come join us.

dmueller
Contributor

@brianfox76 I have a reservation for 8 @ 5:30 on Jan 22nd. I can adjust if the numbers go up or down.

Best regards,

brianfox76
New Contributor III

Many thanks @dmueller!! See you Thursday!!

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@dmueller @jhbush1973 @jsherman @ejboyd

Suggestions for location for the next SDMUG? Karl Strauss was great, but lets check something else out. JAMF will pay for pizza/sandwiches and drinks (non-alcoholic) if we have a location and a pizza place.

The next MUG is tentatively scheduled for Feb 25 or 26. Mike Lancas from JAMF would like to join our meetings (when he can).

HuskyDog1997
New Contributor

@brianfox76, I'd like to join in on these meetings! Are the meetings usually in San Diego? Any for North County scheduled? Please let me know!

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@brianfox76 thanks for hosting sorry I missed it. I got held up at work much later than expected.

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@jhbush1973][/url @dmueller][/url @jsherman][/url @ejboyd][/url

Next SD Casper Admin Group is scheduled for Feb 26th at 17:30.

Trying to find a location. Location can be a restaurant or brewpub if anyone knows a good place.

Mike Lancas said he will try his best to join us, but no guarantees. He is also trying to get more Casper admins involved so the group is more than just the few of us.

User Group page setup:
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/userGroup.html?id=43

dmueller
Contributor

Hi Brian, I'm not quite sure I can make it happen this time around, but we do have a common area we might be able to use or rotate through for future meetings. I'm looking into this today.

Best regards,
-Dennis

brianfox76
New Contributor III

Thanks, Dennis!!

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@dmueller @jhbush1973 @ejboyd @jsherman
March 26 SDCAG meeting has been posted. https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/userGroup.html?id=47

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@dmueller @jhbush1973 @jsherman @ejboyd Thinking of doing a bi-monthly meeting to get more people involved... thoughts?
Next meeting in May?

Location suggestions?

dmueller
Contributor

@brianfox76, yeah, I think bi-monthly might work out better

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@brianfox76 @dmueller sounds good to me. Hopefully we can reserve a room and maybe have a presentation or some discussions on issues.

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@dmueller @jhbush1973 any thoughts about our next adventure?

jeffpugh
New Contributor III

I'm interested in attending the next meetup.

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@jeffpugh @jhbush1973 @dmueller @jsherman @ejboyd @mike.lancas The past couple of months have gotten away from me and we haven't met up in a while!
How does a meet-up on June 25th sound? Karl Strauss or Stone again? Other location suggestions?

dmueller
Contributor

Hi @brianfox76, sorry for the lack of response of late. This sounds good, and either location is fine. Sorry, I haven't been able to make time to look at alternatives. Kind regards,

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@brianfox76 apologies for not getting back to you earlier. I'm at WWDC this week, but I'm flexible on where you have the next meetup. It would be nice if we could get a space for presentations or discussions. Hopefully we get more folks to show up.

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@jeffpugh @jhbush1973 @dmueller @ejboyd @mike.lancas JNUC 2015! Who's attending? Should we plan a Mini event for any So-Cal agencies?
Mike - Do you know of any SoCal agencies going?

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@brianfox76 I'll be at the JNUC. I'm staying at the ALoft arriving Monday afternoon.

dmueller
Contributor

Hi @brianfox76, doesn't look like I'll be making it this year. Catch up after the JNUC.

brianfox76
New Contributor III

@jhbush1973 - I as well. I am on the Southwest flight that gets into MSP at 14:50.
Do you have my cell number? I have your number.
@dmueller We'll miss you this year! We need to try and do another CAG meeting after JNUC for sure.