Screen Recording Software

BrandonAmos
New Contributor

Is there any application that can be used for the iPad and Macbooks to record the screen as it goes through ADE? I want to be able to use this for training purposes for our staff and IT department to make how-to. I have a bezel but it doesn't allow the ability to record the enrollment screen when enrolling a new device through our prestage. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jwbeatty
New Contributor III

I have had some trouble with capture devices and dongles/adaptors in the past. They don't seem to work reliably. I use a dedicated USB-C to HDMI cable and now and it has been way more consistent.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

aderrick
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hey Brandon,

For iOS I use a Live Streamer capture card:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1669761-REG/avermedia_bu113_4k_capture_card.html/?ap=y&ap=y&s...

Allows you to capture the full experience. I use it to make all my demo videos 

How do you record for the iPads? Do you use a lighting to HDMI convertor to screen record?

Yep! 

I am trying to get my Elgato hd60x to work with it, but nothing shows up on the screen. Does it have to be USB-C (male) to HDMI (male) cable to work? I tried a dongle (USB-C male to HDMI female) and it did not work. I was able to get the iPad just fine with the Elgato capture card.

jwbeatty
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

I use a Blackmagic ATEM Mini Extreme ISO for this. You could also use the ATEM Mini Pro or possible one of the cheaper models.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/atemmini

You may be able to accomplish this with a video capture device and OBS as well.

aderrick
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Yeah OBS is where it is at. 

Mattdjerome
New Contributor III

I use the Black magic boxes to make videos of the setup process and quicktime to record the screen. works great!

talkingmoose

Connecting an iPad to a Mac using a cable and using QuickTime to record a movie still works too.

I've found that at one point the link between the two gets interrupted (around configuring Wi-Fi settings, I believe). I just stop the recording, unplug and plug in the iPad, and start a second recording. I can stitch the two together later.

obi-k
Valued Contributor III

What I use as well.

Shyamsundar
New Contributor

try this is for Mac, which you don't need any additonal connectors https://macosadmin.org/post/how-to-screen-record-during-dep-setup-assistant/

I am trying to get my Elgato hd60x to work with it, but nothing shows up on the screen. Does it have to be USB-C (male) to HDMI (male) cable to work? I tried a dongle (USB-C male to HDMI female) and it did not work. I was able to get the iPad just fine with the Elgato capture card.

jwbeatty
New Contributor III

I have had some trouble with capture devices and dongles/adaptors in the past. They don't seem to work reliably. I use a dedicated USB-C to HDMI cable and now and it has been way more consistent.

I tried a dongle and didn't work. Trying a dedicated cable will probably fix it all. Dongles suck lol