Screen Sharing Restrictions and System Preference Modification

asd_alozano
New Contributor

Hi guys.

I am new to this Casper Suite. I apologize for my ignorance and I would appreciate any help that i can get for these two things:

1. How do I go about turning off Remote Login and Remote Management for all local/domain users and only enable it for localadmin? (admin account name = localadmin) using casper management?

Can this be done in the background?

1. I want to enable Insight Keystroke setting on our domain computers (System Pref/Security & Privacy/Privacy/Accessibility/Insight)... What is the best way to do a change like this using Casper management?

We are using Mountain Lion OSX.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

for remote management you can add a script to the JSS and trigger it by a policy, the code would be:

#!/bin/sh

# enable apple remote desktop
   /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -activate

# Allow remote access
   /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -access -on

# Set specific remote access
   /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -allowAccessFor -specifiedUsers

# Set who can have remote access 
   /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -access -on -users localadmin -privs -all

exit 0

Not sure about the accessibility options but hopefully someone else will.

David