Screensaver whilst enrolment policies are running

ianmb
Contributor

Our current thin imaging workflow involves our technicians logging into a new Mac, setting up a local Administrator account and then running the Quickadd.pkg from a USB stick. We then have a number of policies set to run at enrolment time.

Is there a way I can set some kind of 'Enrolment in progress, do not power off' type screensaver/desktop background to run whilst the enrolment policies are applying? I'd like our technicians to know exactly where they are in the on-boarding process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stevevalle
Contributor III

You can use the JAMFhelper to do this.

Open terminal and type:

/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper -help

This will give you the all the syntax you need to create your custom screen.

For example, I have used the following in the past to install software:

/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper -windowType fs -heading "Application Title currently being installed" -description "Once installed, the latest updates will be applied. This process can take up to 15 minutes to complete.
If you see this message for more than 15 minutes, please contact the Service Desk on ext xxxx.
Do not turn off your computer during this time.

Please Note: Application Title will also be removed." -icon /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/AlertCautionIcon.icns &

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

stevevalle
Contributor III

You can use the JAMFhelper to do this.

Open terminal and type:

/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper -help

This will give you the all the syntax you need to create your custom screen.

For example, I have used the following in the past to install software:

/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper -windowType fs -heading "Application Title currently being installed" -description "Once installed, the latest updates will be applied. This process can take up to 15 minutes to complete.
If you see this message for more than 15 minutes, please contact the Service Desk on ext xxxx.
Do not turn off your computer during this time.

Please Note: Application Title will also be removed." -icon /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/AlertCautionIcon.icns &

ianmb
Contributor

This is just what we were after - thank you!

stevevalle
Contributor III

@ianmb No probs! Glad it helped :)