Script to download Creative Cloud Installer

Philein
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a script to automatically fetch the Creative Cloud installer from the Adobe website and then let user install it. (For particular reasons i'm not able to access the Adobe admin console).
Could you please help me?

3 REPLIES 3

geoff_widdowson
Contributor II

@Philein Adobe don't have that as an option. Evey download requires you to download an installer that fetches the full application package, you can't download any application directly. Even using the admin console the package you make requires you to download a file installer that then fetched the full build files. If you dont have access to the Adobe admin console you might as well just let users use the Adobe Desktop Cloud app to download and install. You could just package the cloud app and deploy along with a script (see below) that will allow non-admin users to user the cloud app to download and install apps.

#!/bin/bash

### This script sets the required XML values for Adobe on managed devices

## Write out the correct xml data to file
cat << EOF > /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
  <panel>
    <name>AppsPanel</name>
    <visible>true</visible>
  </panel>
  <panel>
    <name>FilesPanel</name>
    <masked>false</masked>
  </panel>
  <panel>
    <name>MarketPanel</name>
    <masked>false</masked>
  </panel>
  <feature>
    <name>SelfServeInstalls</name>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
  </feature>
  <feature>
    <name>BrowserBasedAuthentication</name>
    <enabled>false</enabled>
  </feature>
  <feature>
    <name>SelfServePluginsInstall</name>
    <enabled>false</enabled>
  </feature>
</config>
EOF

## Kill all Adobe processes
kill $(pgrep -i adobe)

## Launch Adobe Creative Cloud app as logged in user
loggedInUser=$(python -c 'from SystemConfiguration import SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser; import sys; username = (SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser(None, None, None) or [None])[0]; username = [username,""][username in [u"loginwindow", None, u""]]; sys.stdout.write(username + "
");')

sudo -u $loggedInUser open -a  /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/ACC/Creative Cloud.app

exit 0

You could get the full application installer instead of the stub installer. Adobe has alternative installer links here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Why not just put a link to installer on the desktop?

wifichallenges
Contributor

The way i am doing this for my staff, is to generate a SELF INSTALL package on the adobe admin. Then just make it available in self service as a policy. You need to download using a mac, otherwise the PKG file becomes a folder on windows and you cant upload it to jamf.

Creative cloud for the last few years allows you to download the creative cloud desktop application. The user can then self install the sub applications that they need themselves (as long as you set that up when you create the installer).

In my use case this works fine. However i can understand if you had the shared license and wanted to push all the applications to the machine to prep it, like for student use, then this wouldn't be ideal.

For those i have just been manually installing creative cloud (all apps) before handing off the laptops to the kids. Although you can probably package up the installer and distribute that way. I just didnt want to package up something thats like 14gb.... or more.