Search result columns different between users.

nicholas_lythal
New Contributor II

We're having a problem with the search results between different users. We have an account that existed before we upgraded to v9. When doing searches with this account we can see several columns: name, model, managed, full name, os, serial number, department. However with an account that was created after the update search's only show the name column.

I've been looking but can't find a setting for this?
Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

This ones a little weird, but what you need to do, while logged in as that user, is click on "Computer Management" on the left sidebar, then on "Inventory Display" in the options shown. Its in the last section. Click "Edit" and check on the options you want to display in columns for that account.

I think there's a way to do this for users when setting them up, but I'm not 100% sure yet how to do that. Need to look over the full Admin Guide again to see if that's possible.
I'll say that this is actually a very nice feature in 9. Every person can have their own individual column view, independent of everyone else, which is something I've been wanting for awhile.

Anyway, hope the above helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

This ones a little weird, but what you need to do, while logged in as that user, is click on "Computer Management" on the left sidebar, then on "Inventory Display" in the options shown. Its in the last section. Click "Edit" and check on the options you want to display in columns for that account.

I think there's a way to do this for users when setting them up, but I'm not 100% sure yet how to do that. Need to look over the full Admin Guide again to see if that's possible.
I'll say that this is actually a very nice feature in 9. Every person can have their own individual column view, independent of everyone else, which is something I've been wanting for awhile.

Anyway, hope the above helps.

nicholas_lythal
New Contributor II

Thanks, worked perfectly.