Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.42.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro. Jamf Pro 10.42.1 fixes the following product issues: [PI110600] Updated a third-party library to resolve a known vulnerability (CVE-2022-42889). [PI110632] The device inventory record no longe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Reboot Machines

Hi all, Is there a way in Casper for the end user to be prompted once a week to reboot their machines? We all know the Mac can run for weeks upon weeks before a reboot is really needed. From a corp standpoint we want to have users at a minimal reboot...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to use Casper Variables in expect Script

Hello, I have an expect script which I copied from user "ktappe" and I want to integrate the $4-$11 variables so I don't have to change the script every time I need to change the password. This example doesn't work. :-( #!/usr/bin/expect -f set newpa...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DockUtil Printer icons

Hi All, I have DockUtil working nearly perfectly in my environment. I'm just running into one last issue. We have a student fine arts lab that's always had a pretty heavily customized desktop for students. I've been able to recreate nearly every feat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Command failing after 10.10.5 update

hi all, I have a policy which invokes the command "shutdown -r now" upon logout on some computers. After the update to 10.10.5 this is now failing, is this an instance of the increased security? If so how can a command like this now be called?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DFW Area JAMF Nation User Group

We've scheduled our next meet-up for next month: September 15th. We will be hosting this on the campus of UT Arlington at The Planetarium building. We are working on an agenda and open to suggestions for topics. So if you have anything you'd like to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

.bashrc on OS X 10.10. Yosemite

Im assisting a scientist in preparing 10 new OS X 10.10.5 Macs for a class that will involve command line programs and scripts. Since the Darwin “rm” command runs with no breaks the teaching scientist last has, in previous years of instructing this p...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Lock to MenuBar

Hello -I was wondering if anyone has been successful adding the lock the the MenuBar, (to provide users a shortcut to lock their screen), via script. I would like to set this up as a policy, and make it available in SelfService. I can see how others ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin unable to mount

We've now had two machines (standard not running JDS) That have stopped replicating Checking the Casper Admin Sync logs shows the following -- Unmounting afp://192.168.10.240/CasperShare 03/07/2015 15:14 ---- Replicating to distribution point afp://1...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thunderbolt to Ethernet Adapter security issue

We register our devises on our network via the macaddress. This of course raises an issue with the Thunderbolt to Ethernet Adapter. If we register the macaddress of the adapter then anything it is plugged into in theory can access our network. Has an...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SPAM

Hi everybody- As you have seen, we were hit by a spam bot on Thursday night, and again pretty heavily this morning. We have cleaned up all of the posts, and are monitoring account creation proactively at the moment. Spam has been a growing problem ov...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating an admin, AD bound, student user on imaging.

I am looking for a way to create an AD bound, admin, student user upon first boot after TMI. I am hoping to log in to our institutional admin account that is already on all machines and create this student account from there. System Prefs > Users & G...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Update Deployment

Hello Community! I am currently researching how to deploy Apple Updates such as Security Updates, Numbers, Pages, Keynote, etc. How are you all deploying these updates? At this time, I am ok with a quick and dirty way to deploy Keynote, Numbers and P...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change User agent in safari

Does anybody know if there is a way to set firefox as the default user agent for safari. I know I could do a default write to the safari plist. I just don't know what to write to it. Any help would be appreciated.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting Imaging Errors

Does anyone have a method for flagging machines that have errors during imaging? I'm thinking of an EA that'll grep the jamf.log - as opposed to using the API (which I haven't the foggiest how to do... yet).  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences Stopped working

Hello, First of all, I found this thread. The solution there does not work for my environment. I have tested by changing the default screensaver (Flury) to something else and it will not take.. We are running 9.72. I have a few things that happen in ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors