Searching on NetApp

jcosma
New Contributor II

Hello,

We have a handful of users backing up data on our NetApp and when they go to search, nothing shows up or items are missing. After running mdutil -avs it appears that indexing is off on that server. I was able to enable the indexing using mdutil -i on /Volumes/xserver, however, how can I create a script that can run on a users computer? I ran this as myself, with non-elevated credentials. If I create a script in Jamf it will run in sudo; when I tested running as sudo the command is denied.

Has anyone experienced this? Can anyone provide some insight to this?

Thanks!

Jason

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@jcosma Are your NetApp filers SMB3 capable? (in NetApp parlance CDOT filers are, the 7mode filers are not) You'll find that with macOS Sierra and later are very unhappy connecting to a NetApp storage system that doesn't support SMB3.

kstrick
Contributor III

NetApps dont' get along very well with macs (at least traditionally)

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@kstrick I'm hoping moving to SMB3 with the latest version of the NetApp controllers will greatly improve things as I'm pretty sure changing NAS vendors is not an option.

kstrick
Contributor III

That may help, although i haven't tested... but i remember having at one point to switch down to SMB1 instead of SMB2, as it was more reliable... the lag we were getting was killing quicklookd and other processes, so i could see searching being a big problem...
Turning off automatic previews on files in the finder helped a little, but we ended up in some cases having to resort to using NFS instead...