Self Service and other apps not deploying

AldanaPeter27
New Contributor

Has anyone ever ran into an issue where Self Service, profiles and other apps are not deploying after enrolling.

Here is our issue: Our laptops are enrolled in our ABM and pointed to out Jamf instance. We get through the setup assistant and once we get to the desktop Self Service or any other apps do not deploy. There are times we get all the profiles but there are times we dont. Also in jamf when we search for the mac it comes under serial number and not the computer name and does not see that there are any local accounts. Almost as if there is no communication. 

I opened up multiple tickets fro Jamf support but they have not been any help. I did try to set up a laptop at my home network and it did work so maybe its a firewall issue in our offices? We did just move to a new floor on our building

Any ideas or tips to get this working  

2 REPLIES 2

gracoat
New Contributor

You can tell definitively if the computer is communicating with Jamf properly if you open terminal and type: sudo jamf policy

Enter the admin password, and see if it throws an error.

If it does, then no. The computer is not communicating with Jamf.

If it DOESN'T throw and error, and it goes through the process, then there's probably and issue with the way your jamf instance is set to enrol computers.

Self Service should automatically install once the enrolment is complete, along with the configuration of the jamf administrator user, the profiles, and the jamf binaries that allow all the stuff to run.

Have a look in the profiles system settings to see if they've installed along with the enrolment.

-Graham

Ashok_A
Contributor

@AldanaPeter27 - I assume this is something caused due to the Push Certificate. Have you renewed the push certificate with different Apple ID? or check if the push cert. is already expired. 

It is recommended to review the Jamf Pro Server logs with help of the timestamp that you were seeing the problem. You will see an error message with prefix of "Caused by:". This will help to dig into the issue further.

Best Regards,
Ashok Amirthalingam
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashokamirthalingam/