Self-Service Apps failing bc not mounting distribution point

nikole_blanchar
New Contributor

When I go to self service on a MacBook and attempt to download an app, it is saying that the app is no longer available or it fails. I went into the logs on Jamf server. I see see that it is failing because it can't mount the distribution point.

On the device, I went to Finder >> Go >> Connect to server

I was able to connect but the only thing their is several Netboot folders that the client doesn't have permission to view the contents. Should there be packages in the folder as well?

I am afraid something is set up incorrectly. Support has been non-responsive. Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

rhooper
Contributor III

@nikole.blanchard I just had this similar problem. I had to go into the CasperShare folder and add in Admins group with read / write permissions. When that was complete I had to then launch Admin and redistribute to our fileshare server.
From what I gathered from JAMF was that without this account to move the packages it cannot do it.

Hope this helps

wesleya
Contributor

It sounds like the directory might not be shared either (you only see the NetBoots when you connect manually). I'm not sure what your setup is, but we use macOS computers running Server, so there it is as easy as adding that directory to File Sharing.