Self Service bookmarks

david_yenzer
Contributor II

In a presentation yesterday someone quickly demonstrated Self Service and had bookmarks down the left column. How do you do that? I believe they said it is available on 8.6+ so we should be good...I just don't recall seeing that in my daily use of the JSS yet. Anybody got documentation on how to utilize that feature? Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

By book marks do you mean predefined links?
If so, these can be accessed by going to
Administrative Settings > Computer Management Framework Settings > Self Service > Plugins

View solution in original post

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

The only way to update that that i'm aware of is, actually editing the quickadd payload.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

By book marks do you mean predefined links?
If so, these can be accessed by going to
Administrative Settings > Computer Management Framework Settings > Self Service > Plugins

david_yenzer
Contributor II

I believe it was Marco's presentation on Oxford...the Bookmarks was just a tangent, but I would definitely like more info on how to do that if possible!

david_yenzer
Contributor II

Predefined links sounds like an apt description. I'll give that location a shot. Much appreciated!

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

The bookmarks were likely the URLs (with nice icons) listed down the left and they are accessed in the location rderewianko mentioned. Also these have been available for a while now (since the new Self Service 2 was released) so if you're still on an older release, you'll be able to use them.

david_yenzer
Contributor II

That worked perfectly. Thanks!

Follow-up question: The first item in that column is obviously the "Self Service" icon itself, which also contains a text description below it that is part of the JSS server location. Is there a way to remove/update that to something that doesn't clue in unnecessary prodding by ne'er-do-wells?

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

The only way to update that that i'm aware of is, actually editing the quickadd payload.

david_yenzer
Contributor II

Okay, thanks. Not going to worry about that right now.