Self Service broken on iOS v9.96

DFeredinos
New Contributor

TO BE CLEAR THE JSS VERSION IS 9.96 NOT iOS SORRY

Hi Everyone!

Just hoping to pick some brains here, but I'm currently unable to use Selfservice on any mobile device in our company. I get a message which says "Unable to connect to server." I've verified my certificates are up-to-date, that my VPP tokens are up to date, that everything seems to be up to date and am currently working with support as well.

That being said, this suckers broken and I'm fresh out of Ideas. I've verified XML settings, I've checked network settings, I've attempted to connect internally and externally and verified my machines can, I've tried web clips and even attempted a manual setup.

I'm hitting a wall, hard. This is like looking for a specific needle in a pile of needles in a haystack thats on fire.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Demitrios

11 REPLIES 11

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@DFeredinos Can you post the XML? (Redacting the JSS URL).

gpmaragos
New Contributor

We had the same issue at my school with Self Service. After much testing, I found it was the inhouse books hosted on our JSS was the culprit. When I unscoped the books from users, Self Service started to work again immediately.
Hope that helps!

-Greg

DFeredinos
New Contributor

@bentoms Ha.

DFeredinos
New Contributor

@gpmaragos Thank you, we tried removing all added VPP apps, no dice. Its such a fun problem!

DFeredinos
New Contributor

@bentoms I added some code from here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=18245

<dict> <key>INVITATION_STRING</key> <string>$MOBILEDEVICEAPPINVITE</string> <key>JSS_ID</key> <string>$JSSID</string> <key>SERIAL_NUMBER</key> <string>$SERIALNUMBER</string> <key>DEVICE_NAME</key> <string>$DEVICENAME</string> <key>MAC_ADDRESS</key> <string>$MACADDRESS</string> <key>UDID</key> <string>$UDID</string> <key>JSS_URL</key> <string>https://myserversaddress:8443/</string> </dict>

to see if it would help - it has not. D

bentoms

@DFeredinos I meant the XML for the Self Service apps App Config. Not the server.xml.

You should really edit that post as it has details of your install that you'll not want folks to have.

I'd also speak to JAMF Support about changing the keystore password for your JSS, that post was probably emailed to a heap of people (anyone that gets emailed posts).

The last posts XML should be all you need in the Self Service apps AppConfig.

DFeredinos
New Contributor

@bentoms Done and emailed - what a rookie mistake, thank you.

bentoms

@DFeredinos Np.. these things happen.

is very careful with his Git commits now

DFeredinos
New Contributor

@bentoms XD hahaha I'll make note of that one too.

Emmert
Valued Contributor
We had the same issue at my school with Self Service. After much testing, I found it was the inhouse books hosted on our JSS was the culprit. When I unscoped the books from users, Self Service started to work again immediately. Hope that helps! -Greg

@gpmaragos
What's the solution for distributing those ebooks now? We have a few inhouse textbooks that are rather important.

mike_graham
New Contributor II

What cipher suites do you have enabled in Tomcat? I had the same problem with one server in our cluster and it turned out to be an outdated config file. JAMF documentation