Self Service Icons are disappearing after a change is made to a policy.

CSHGreenwich
New Contributor III

We have been doing some testing creating a new policy but the Icon did not show up in self service. Checked all of the settings. Finally I just left everything alone for 24 hours. This morning the Icon was there but I tested it before the client availability time. So I just went back to change the start time so I could continue testing and the Icon Disappeared again.. Waiting another 24 hours just to test my theory.. Any Ideas? We have a custom hosed site.

4 REPLIES 4

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

You say your self hosted, what does your self hosted setup consist of, Hardware Software/OS & what is your JPS Version & What Operating Systems are the end users running? Is your database MyISAM or Innodb?

A few things needed in order for troubleshooting,

Have you tried cloning the policy? - when you do clone the policy, is it behaving the same way as the original policy?

What happens when you run a sudo jamf recon on a machine that has the policy scoped to it?

Also, create a custom trigger and run a 'sudo jamf policy event -CustomTriggerName' - does it still install regardless of its appearance in Self Service?

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

CSHGreenwich
New Contributor III

No we are hosted at JAMF. We only have a distribution server onsite.

CSHGreenwich
New Contributor III

My database is completed Hosted by jamf

CSHGreenwich
New Contributor III

Te cloned policy is behaving the same way and the policy is not showing up or deploying either.