Self Service mystery app

gristastic
New Contributor

Hi folks, please forgive my lack of knowledge in advance.  I am very new to Jamf Pro and have been slowly making my way through the mountain of training but also need to be able to utilize it dailiy, for my current position.

In our environment, which I inherited, We have exactly 5 items available in self service.  2 of which I created, 2 that relate to existing packages and 1 that I cannot find in Policies (or anywhere else for that matter.) I've tried to look up possible package locations, as well as the app itself, to no avail.  I'm trying to figure out what it does...   I'm guessing it's a script of some sort, created by my predecessor, but I'd like to investigate the script, to see what it does, and remove it or update it if necessary.  If you're wondering, yes, I've run it.  It did not give an error message or any other type of message.  It seemed to run through it's process and stop. 

My question is: How to I locate the package?  I've tried to look up possible package locations, as well as the app itself, to no avail.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

open /var/log/jamf.log  (or tail -f /var/log/jamf.log 

run the mystery self service item.. 

log will tell you what is running..  search policies for that name.. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

open /var/log/jamf.log  (or tail -f /var/log/jamf.log 

run the mystery self service item.. 

log will tell you what is running..  search policies for that name.. 

thank you, jamf-42!  I opened the log from the console andran the app. It was exactly what I needed.