Self Service Notification (MacOS)

fdeltesta
Contributor

Hi, I'm pretty sure what i'm trying to do is not possible but since I haven't been able to find a precise answer on the subject I want to ask so I can be certain.

I'd like the self service to display notification to users. The same type of notification that are displayed when the user install an app from the SS, and my questions are:
-Is it possible to trigger those without a policy ?
-Is it possible to put a link, like, having them clickable so it redirects the user to a web site ?

4 REPLIES 4

jacob_evans
New Contributor II

You should be able to create notifications using Settings> Computer Management > Computer Framework something. Link below, The notifications you create should show up on next check in.

https://docs.jamf.com/9.9/casper-suite/administrator-guide/Self_Service_Notifications_Setting.html

fdeltesta
Contributor

I think I wasn't clear enough, what I want to do is create my own notifications with my own messages and links.

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

You can use your own messages by making calls to the Management Action tool locally, however to my knowledge there is no way to make it interactive. You may need to look at another tool if that is the goal. Yo notifier app was one I had looked at that seemed to fit the bill nicely.

fdeltesta
Contributor

It looks interesting, but I don't think I understand how I'm supposed to use this tool...

Edit; Nevermind, I found out.