Self Service opens every day on all my macOS devices

guidotti
Contributor II

After we upgraded to Jamf Pro 10.7.1, Self Service seems to open on my devices every day. We do custom branding with an icon, if that matters.

When I come in, I unlock the computer, and Self-Service has the little dot under the icon in the dock showing that it is running. It was not running when I left for the night the previous day. It is not in the foreground. If I click the icon, it is in some sort of in-between state with a grey screen. It is not happening to everyone in the environment, either.

There is no automated start item for self-service. Any idea what is happening?
I'm hoping it's something silly that I missed and not a defect.
We are using a voluntary LDAP login starting with v10.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

guidotti
Contributor II

Bump - anyone?
Still happening.

allanp81
Valued Contributor

@guidotti What does the jamf.log on your machine show while you've been away?

tdclark
Contributor

Could it be something stuck in your saved application state folder?

nvandam
Contributor II

Do any policies run overnight?

cpresnall
Contributor

silly question, but are you pushing a profile with Self Service in login items and the Hide option checked? This would cause the exact behavior you are seeing.

guidotti
Contributor II

Let me check into some of these. There are recurring policies that could hit at night.
The "Self Service in login items and the Hide option checked" would be a mistake, but I guess it's possible.
Here is what the log looks like - a bunch of repeating, unremarkable items:

Sun Feb 17 18:53:19 LC02XW0VVJK7M jamf[44491]: Checking for patches...
Sun Feb 17 18:53:19 LC02XW0VVJK7M jamf[44491]: No patch policies were found.
Sun Feb 17 18:56:28 LC02XW0VVJK7M jamf[44491]: Removing existing launchd task /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jamfsoftware.task.bgrecon.plist...
Sun Feb 17 19:12:17 LC02XW0VVJK7M jamf[45568]: Checking for policies triggered by "recurring check-in" for user "username"...
Sun Feb 17 19:12:21 LC02XW0VVJK7M jamf[45568]: Checking for patches...
Sun Feb 17 19:12:21 LC02XW0VVJK7M jamf[45568]: No patch policies were found.
Sun Feb 17 19:12:38 LC02XW0VVJK7M jamf[7554]: Network state changed, checking for policies...
Sun Feb 17 19:12:41 LC02XW0VVJK7M jamf[45663]: Checking for policies triggered by "networkStateChange" for user "i271781"...

guidotti
Contributor II

OK, so none of our configuration profiles use a login items payload, so it's not that.
There was also nothing in my Saved Application State folder except Finder.
Now I am trying to check into what policies are running every week or every day (which is a much more tedious exercise).