self service pkg now not working.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I created a Adobe Acrobat XI Pro awhile back using the AAMEE and it was working great (yes i know XI pro is EOL and not 10.15 compatible).

recently every time a computer running 10.12/10.13/10.14 go to install via Self Service, the policy is failing

below is the specific details taken from the policy. Does anyone know what would be causing this now not to work?

Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is Adobe Acrobat XI Pro installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
5 REPLIES 5

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Maybe try the package manually and see? Possibly the certificate has expired.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@dlondon the package was made from XI pro 11.0.7.
I cant find a newer version anywhere.
I have a valid license #

I see this web page but doesn't look to have what i want
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/certificate-expired-acrobat-reader-mac-package.html

mschroder
Valued Contributor

Did you look at /var/log/install.log on of the target machines? That should tell you quite clearly why the install fails. I just hope this is not for a production Mac. Acrobat is well known for its security issues, running a version that has not received security updates for years sounds like a pretty bad idea.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

the installer works fine when i have it in a policy that has other installers in that same policy. but when i have this in it's own self service policy it fails.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

today it worked in a self service policy. what is up with that?