Self Service Plugins and JSS 9.92 not being installed and not showing

Retrac
Contributor

Seems that after upgrading to JSS 9.92 the Self Service plugins sidebar no longer gets installed.

When forcing an update with jamf manage I can see the plugins listed as being installed, but then when looking in the /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Self Service folder there is no Managed Plug-ins folder containing the plists.

Watching the folder while jamf manage is running I can see the managed plug-ins folder get created and then it disappears after a second or so.

Existing builds seem fine, jamf manage does't then go and delete the managed plugins folder but for newly built machines they are currently not being installed.

Manually copying the managed plug-ins folder and the plists contained from another machine fixed the issue, but I don't want to start packaging up and scripting when this should be handled by the binary.

Anyone else seeing this?

7 REPLIES 7

kwsenger
Contributor

We are NOT seeing this. 9.90 to 9.92
Our Self Service plugins sidebar is still displaying without an issue.
Win 2008 Server

devlinford
New Contributor III

@Retrac

We are seeing this same behaviour...

I have used Casper Imaging to build 3 new machines (since 9.92 upgrade). Any system that exists in JSS has the plugin sidebar present, any new build does not. All systems have the 9.92 binary installed on the system...

Retrac
Contributor

Thanks @devlinford, JAMF cannot reproduce the issue their end so I thought I was on my own.

Current workaround is an EA that is looking for the Managed plugins folder and then a policy scoped to the results with a package that contains the folder and the Self Service plists.

This is working for our new builds and can hopefully rip it out in a future JSS upgrade.

FYI we are running JSS 9.92 on CentOS 6

devlinford
New Contributor III

@Retrac

Hmm....Okay, we are also running JSS 9.92 on CentOS 6.8

Thanks!

devlinford
New Contributor III

@Retrac

Are you creating an EA with a simple script such as: "ls /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Self Service" to get the folder contents?

Thanks,

Retrac
Contributor

@devlinford

#!/bin/sh

if [[ -d /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Self Service/Managed Plug-ins/ ]]; then
                echo "<result>Installed</result>"
        else
                echo "<result>Not Installed</result>"
        fi

exit 0

devlinford
New Contributor III

@Retrac

#!/bin/sh if [[ -d /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Self Service/Managed Plug-ins/ ]]; then echo "<result>Installed</result>" else echo "<result>Not Installed</result>" fi exit 0

Thanks - This is great!!