Self Service - Slow login time (delayed LDAP auth.?)

Jordan
New Contributor II

I currently have our JSS integrated with LDAP and would like to require our users to authenticate using their LDAP credentials when accessing the self service portal on iOS devices.

Currently users are able to log into the self service portal using their LDAP account; however, the problem is that authentication can take over a minute.

Has anyone else out there setup LDAP authentication to self service and had similar issues?

-Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

I'm guessing you have a large org or deep ldap structure. I'd suggest going deeper into your tree in the Search Base if you can. For instance, we're a worldwide org and if I scoped my Search Base at the top of the tree, it'll take a few seconds to log in. If I scope it lower to our US tree (as only the US is using Casper right now) it's way faster.

olimpia
New Contributor

Hi Jared,

I am trying to set up LDAP server connection to access MIT LDAP, but I am having trouble to set it up. My goal is to have the user self enroll their devices when the enrollment profile is removed. We have some iPads that are shared and before a user pass the iPad to another user we want the user to reset the iPad to factory defaults to remove all settings and data.

Thanks,

Olimpia

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Ah MIT... old stomping grounds (well, Lincoln anyway...)

Are you getting stuck or just starting out?