Self Service without Apple ID? Is this possible? IOS

jalbert
Contributor

Title says it all.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pbenham
Contributor

You don't need an Apple ID to use Self Service. You can make users log in with LDAP (or AD) credentials if you so choose.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pbenham
Contributor

You don't need an Apple ID to use Self Service. You can make users log in with LDAP (or AD) credentials if you so choose.

jalbert
Contributor

Thanks I will test that out.

RWitt
New Contributor II

Yeah but doesn't it still require an Apple ID to download anything?

wakco
Contributor

At the moment, downloading still requires an Apple ID, however as Apple announced at WWDC, iOS 9 will change that to not required, as app's will be able to be assigned to the device or an Apple ID.

This of course only applies to apps being downloaded from the App Store.

tferguson
New Contributor

I notice that Casper Suite 9.73 does not support iOS 9. How soon will a release support iOS 9 and the ability to get rid of the Apple ID once and for all?

Thanks!!

wakco
Contributor

@tferguson Per https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequests.html?version Casper Suite 9.8 supports iOS 9, and came out at the same time iOS 9 became publicly available.

That said, I have been running the developer iOS 9 betas, and have had no issues with it and our Casper Suite 9.73 install, however I have not tested enrolment with iOS 9 and expect this may still be a problem.

I have also been hearing rumours that Apple have yet to enable the new ability to attach an app to a device instead of an Apple ID. I'd test but not only have we not updated to 9.8 yet, we have not yet chosen to use Apple's VPP program.