Self Service

sams9000
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm new to JAMF and am trying to test out its functionality ahead of deploying later in the year. Right now I am trying to test the Self-Service portal and basic tasks such as placing an application in there and installing from a machine. However, I am running into trouble surrounding the installing of applications as I am able to get the items into Self-Service. After selecting Install, the install process runs but always ends with a failure pop-up. Any common configuration mistakes that are being made- either in the package building process or policy space- that is preventing the installation? Thanks for any help on this.

2 REPLIES 2

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

If you're getting the icon to show in Self Service your on the right track. When you click install, it will try and connect to the Macs configured distribution point so if it can't reach it it will fail.

You should select the policy in the JSS and click on Logs to see why it is failing.

I take it you're adding the package to the self service policy?

cdev
Contributor III

Also test-out your package by copying it to the desktop and running it locally. If it runs locally, it should run via Self Service.