Sending and Receiving Email as a Device

Lessardrp
Contributor

Hi folks,

I support a Fire Department and there's an iPhone assigned to each Company Officer. So the phone is not assigned to an individual but instead a whole crew. That crew is on a four shift rotation so from day to day, the person possessing the phone changes.

So, the phones are basically used as kiosk devices- no Apple ID, no personal logins, no email, no messaging, just our organizational apps, and as a calling device. There are times when it would be useful to be able to send an email to a particular device, regardless of who is using it that day. And it would be useful to be able to receive mail from the user of the device if they take a picture in the field or a screen shot of something.

Has anyone come up with a decent working process where devices can be used as user agnostic kiosk type devices, but also be able to send and receive email from the device? I've thought about creating accounts for each device, but then you throw in password management or MFA and things get complicated.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

3 REPLIES 3

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Could you create a group email, distribution group? Something like "FireDepartment@wholecrew.org" and set up that email on the phone?

jpoirson
New Contributor III

Could PagerDuty or some sort of tool like this help you ? I mean, braking out of the email need to a sort of push

Lessardrp
Contributor

I think I may setup a shared Google Voice account back in the office and the crews can use messages to send and receive to a central phone number managed on a computer.