Sending email to multiple users through "Action" command

KAndrews5725
New Contributor III

Hello!

I have an advanced computer search setup that I use to keep eyes on what version of macOS our users are on, and ideally I'd like to be able to email the entire list using the "Action" command.  When I have tried this in the past emailing just a single user, I am able to send the email through JAMF, so I believe my SMTP settings are correct.  When I try to send an email with multiple users (sometimes 50-100) I receive an error command saying the email could not be sent.  I have verified that there are email addresses for each user in the list.  Is there something else I should be trying?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Keith

2 REPLIES 2

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

I had a similar issue. We send an email to a lot of devices via JAMF. If one email or more is no longer valid, or accurate, or maybe the employee left, it bounces the entire "Action" command. In our environment, I worked with the network/email folks to uncover these invalid email accounts.

Once you discover this account, you can either update the Jamf inventory record or just exclude that specific account in your criteria before sending the "Action" command. 

I worked with Jamf on this as well. The best they could do was view the Jamf log and point this to the SMTP error (or something like that). Ultimately, it was one or more bad email accounts that causes this error.

KAndrews5725
New Contributor III

Ok, thanks for your suggestions.  I spent some time going through the list (fortunately less than 100 users) just checking to make sure the email addresses were correct in the field, but I had a feeling it could have something to do with whether or not one or more of the email addresses were no longer active, which is most likely the case.

Thanks again!

Keith