set iOS devices to never auto-lock?

ChrisJScott-wor
New Contributor III

Is there any way to set iOS devices (iPads, in particular) to never turn off their screen?

The Passcode payload has a drop-down for "Maximum Auto-Lock" but "Never" is not an option (despite the fact that it IS on the iPad itself).

4 REPLIES 4

CrowdStrike
New Contributor

Hey Chris,

just a bit of clarification, are you asking if its possible for the screen to never turn off (for maybe a kiosk or display mode) or to never need a passcode after auto-lock has been enabled?

http://www.imore.com/how-change-auto-lock-your-iphone-and-ipad

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

You can't actually set "never" as the option that user-selected on the devices or any value for that matter. All You can do is define the maximum allowable value. To allow never as the maximum allowable value, simply do not define an auto-lock value in your profile.

techsuppork
New Contributor

In my experience that isn't accurate. Once a device is enrolled, no matter whether or not I set a value in "Maximum Auto-Lock on iOS" the maximum value on the iOS device is 5 min. Even when I select nothing at all in the management section. I'd prefer to have this work as it appears it should.

Has anyone else figured out a way around this limitation?

user-kWVcRLLKIY
New Contributor

Sorry - no answer to that question, however we do have the same problem. We have not set any limitation, but our iPads only allow 1 or two minutes until auto-lock.