Setting Adobe CS6 Photoshop colour settings not profiles.

CypherCookie
Contributor

We have a set of colour settings (Shift+CMD+k) which need to be set for each users session when they log into the machine.

I am trying to just implement the file as is from 1 machine to another which i am currently testing. If you have any ideas on how to get around this please let me know so i can try them out!

2 REPLIES 2

CypherCookie
Contributor

Okay so Adobe do not write a standard .plist. Instead the file it writes the colour settings to is located here

/users/crdean/library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/

The file present at this location is

ACEConfigCache2.lst

and there is no way of copying over that file, as each change it makes is not universal and instead alters the file to be unique every time. I have done testing on this file and every time I have changed a setting and changed it back to what i need it to be, a different output is written every single time.

So there is no way to implement colour settings automatically. Instead what I have had to do, is create the colour setting and export it out. I have then made the item available to each machine by placing it in this folder,

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Settings/

or

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Settings/Reccommended

If you want the colour setting to be available automatically without needing to load it.

There is no way to push the colour setting profile to be default so the users has to set it themselves.

CypherCookie
Contributor

Okay so Adobe do not write a standard .plist. Instead the file it writes the colour settings to is located here

/users/crdean/library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/

The file present at this location is

ACEConfigCache2.lst

and there is no way of copying over that file, as each change it makes is not universal and instead alters the file to be unique every time. I have done testing on this file and every time I have changed a setting and changed it back to what i need it to be, a different output is written every single time.

So there is no way to implement colour settings automatically. Instead what I have had to do, is create the colour setting and export it out. I have then made the item available to each machine by placing it in this folder,

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Settings/

or

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Settings/Reccommended

If you want the colour setting to be available automatically without needing to load it.

There is no way to push the colour setting profile to be default so the users has to set it themselves.