Setting default screen saver

seanjsgallagher
Contributor

I have a company screen saver I have to deploy and set as the default screen saver. I do not need to lock it down to that specific screen saver. I just need to set it as the default the first time. I have not problem putting the actual .saver file into the /Library/Screen Savers location. That works fine and you can see it in the Desktop and Screen Savers area of system preferences. The issue I am having is in setting it.

Using this this apple script works locally. osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to set current screen saver to screen saver named "name of Screen Saver"' Wrapping it in a .sh script like this:

!/bin/bash

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to set current screen saver to screen saver named "Name of Screen Saver"'

and executing it locally on the remote machines generates errors.

Running the command from either Jamf remote or a policy in the "execute command:" section will appear complete, but when you look at the system it has not changed it.

Looking for any help here as this seems simple and I feel like I am missing something.

0 REPLIES 0