Shared Corporate iCloud Drive

MrBazz
New Contributor

In the recent WWDC 2021 Takeaways blog post, there is one line that caught my attention and I am unable to find any other reference to the "Shared Corporate iCloud Drive" that is mentioned. The exact line is as follows:

"When a user with a Managed Apple ID joins a corporate network on their personal device later this year, the user can be granted access to a shared corporate iCloud Drive."

If this is true, it will potentially be a huge change to the way that Managed Apple IDs work with iCloud storage as they are currently limited only to the free 5GB plan with absolutely no way to increase it.

Can anyone point to something specific from Apple that outlines what this shared iCloud Drive is?

Is there any way to get Garrett Denney (the author of the blog post to chime in here?

2 REPLIES 2

user-xeJpUYXviv
New Contributor

CloudKit is for backend app usage for developers. It has nothing to do with iCloud Drive user accounts. Time will tell how sharing works with iCloud Drive.

LiteBlue

MrBazz
New Contributor

Right. I understand CloudKit. It was the reference to a "shared corporate iCloud Drive" that caught my eye. Hoping someone will have further insight into it in the coming months.