Sharing Mac Analytics

Euwanh
New Contributor III

Hi,

Has anyone encountered an issue whereby Share Mac Analytics and Share with App Developers is automatically checked even though on the Security & Privacy profile under privacy the box is left unticked?

How would I go about making sure I can uncheck this box for all my users is this something that needs to be done via a plist?

0e35afc1759846cfa75c64644bce0b0b

5 REPLIES 5

obi-k
Valued Contributor III

Yes. I just ran into this issue on 10.14 Macs. Even without a configuration profile, I try to uncheck the "Share Mac Analytics" but it always comes back checked, even after a reboot.

So, this seemed to stick. I am going through the Jamf CIS 10.13 GitHub scripts and found this command line:

defaults write /Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/DiagnosticMessagesHistory.plist AutoSubmit -int 0

Try opening Terminal and running that line. Here is the full script they are using if you are curious.

2.6.8 Disable sending diagnostic and usage data to Apple

Verify Organizational score

Audit2_6_8="$(defaults read "$plistlocation" OrgScore2_6_8)"

If organizational score is 1 or true, check status of client

If client fails, then remediate

if [ "$Audit2_6_8" = "1" ]; then AppleDiagn=$(defaults read /Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/DiagnosticMessagesHistory.plist AutoSubmit) if [ $AppleDiagn == 1 ]; then defaults write /Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/DiagnosticMessagesHistory.plist AutoSubmit -int 0 echo "$(date -u)" "2.6.8 remediated" | tee -a "$logFile"
fi
fi

afarnsworth
Contributor

I was told this is PI-002899 by Jamf Support @Euwanh

Euwanh
New Contributor III

Yea thanks. I had to create a download the profile and then edit the line. 'AllowDiagnostic' to false.

RJH
Contributor

@afarnsworth - I cant locate that in the known issues list known issues. Do you have further details ? thx

Euwanh
New Contributor III

Not sure if I am blind but I have just tried to recreate this profile again and the option 'AllowDiagnostic' is not there. Has anyone else noticed this?