Signed and sealed secure binding to AD

mconners
Valued Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I will be the first to admit, I am not sure what it is I am asking for, so please forgive me if I am not asking for the right information or in the right manner.

I bumped into one of directory guys in our department. He asked me to research this a bit for a meeting with him next week. Apparently, with our on prem AD server, there are several updates that need to be made and with these updates, it will be required that we have secure AD binding. Initially, I thought, no big deal. But he emphasized this means signed and sealed secure binding. He claims this is going to be a huge headache.

Apparently, all of our existing computers, Macs in my case, will need to be unbound and rebound using this new methodology. Again, I don't know anything about this but thought I would ask these questions.

Do any of you have experience with this? What process did you go through and do you have scripts or other information you are willing to share to guide me (us) along?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

2 REPLIES 2

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

Have a read through this thread and you may want to join in the conversation in the #activedirectory channel on the MacAdmins Slack.

mconners
Valued Contributor

Thank you @mark.mahabir this is very helpful and I am currently sending this over to our directory team.