Silently install Intego Virus Barrier Updates?

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Any Intego Customers out there? I have Smart group based on Virus Barrier def updates that I'd love to be able to scope some sort of policy to that would silently run NetUpdate for Virus Barrier. So many people ignore the update prompts from Virus barrier that they are way behind on defs.

12 REPLIES 12

charliwest
Contributor II

I believe you can do something like this

export into a text file:

security authorizationdb read com.intego.virusbarrier.settings.modify-1 > right.txt

And import then import them:

sudo security authorizationdb write com.intego.virusbarrier.settings.modify-1 < right.txt

This is ruflley the answer I got when then Settings Packer 2 they supply doesn't actually seem to do anything.

Have you managed to package VB to push out everywhere with a license installed already?

charliwest
Contributor II

Oh I should add, what this does is copy settings from one install, so you can have your master install with the settings as you wish, lock to admin, then do this :)

TomDay

Thx @dwest I'll give it a try.

To get the licensed installer on our machine, we have a policy that caches the customs serialized installer from Intego on each machine, then a policy to install the cached serialized installer

charliwest
Contributor II

Hi @tommyday][/url, you mean you didn't use composer? Just dropped the Intego made dmg into admin?

TomDay

I did not use composer @dwest. Dropped the Intego made DMG into Casper Admin and use 2 policies to get it installed. If you want the details, I'll check out Admin for you and post

charliwest
Contributor II

Do the users have to do anything? We need to do it with users doing nothing. Please any details would be great, so far when I push the install it looses the license :(

TomDay

@dwest I'm sorry I totally forgot about this thread! I hope you were able to resolve your issue with installing VirusBarrier? If not, I just re-checked my policies and I have 1 "cache policy" and 1 "install policy" The cache policy includes 4 packages; The virusbarrierx6.pkg, CommonServices.pkg, Netupdate.pkg from .dmg/Packages and my IntegoX6Settings.pkg that I create w/ their Settings packer.

As for the definitions part you helped me w/, I'm going to give it a shot this wkd, but I'm unsure of the "And import then import them:"

charliwest
Contributor II

Hi @tommyday I kind of got it working, its a bit messy though and I think I reinstall the virus barrier during it, but for now it works :)

That was just a typo on my part, should have red more like:-

export into a text file: security authorizationdb read com.intego.virusbarrier.settings.modify-1 > right.txt And then import the same text file: sudo security authorizationdb write com.intego.virusbarrier.settings.modify-1 < right.txt

bulldog
New Contributor II

so has anyone successful packaged VB with the license key? Need to push X8 but when i use composer to created the package the license is somehow lost.

Kaltsas
Contributor III

@bulldog I don't use intego, but I did beta Flextivity. Maybe they can convert your licenses? Flextivity seems much more enterprise friendly and everything is bundled into the generated installer .pkg. Won't solve any issues you may have with needing to update in place licenses.

charliwest
Contributor II

@bulldog just contact Intego, they will send you an installer with the licence key already in, then open the dmg and go to the packages folder, take the pkgs from them and you can dump them straight into admin, or the jss, however you normally do that, you don't need to use composer for them.

bulldog
New Contributor II

@dwest Thanks, going to contact intego.