Simple or user friendly mac restart

rkeleghan
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Im looking for a simple and easy buy user friendly way to restart a mac .. I know there is many options out there .. script .. jamf policy , DEP Notify . .. but have always had feedback from business saying that there are not very user friendly. I have been tasked to see if i can find a friendly way to restart with less user interaction or at least a deferral ..

Any idea is much welcomed..

rk 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Samstar777
Contributor II

Here is the Simple workflow which you can use in 2 steps:

1. Step one - Create Extension Attribute to look for uptime of a Mac (In Hours) assuming you want to restart Mac after every 60 hours. Create a Smart group Criteria with this Extension Attribute
  2. Step two - Create a policy use "Restart Options" payload and scope it to above smart group. Now you can set it in self service or do a push deployment with User Interaction with few deferrals and on deadline force restart.

Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 10.33.00 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Samstar777
Contributor II

Here is the Simple workflow which you can use in 2 steps:

1. Step one - Create Extension Attribute to look for uptime of a Mac (In Hours) assuming you want to restart Mac after every 60 hours. Create a Smart group Criteria with this Extension Attribute
  2. Step two - Create a policy use "Restart Options" payload and scope it to above smart group. Now you can set it in self service or do a push deployment with User Interaction with few deferrals and on deadline force restart.

Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 10.33.00 PM.png

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Do you have an idea of how you want this friendly reboot to look or operate? You'll have to script something if you want it customized and user friendly, but you'll need some kind of outline or idea on how you want it to present before fleshing out a script for it.