Simple "Update Inventory" Button for each device

GSSRyan
New Contributor III

I got tired of having to go into JSS every time I needed to Update Inventory on a kid's iPad, so I wrote a SUPER simple python script that runs a webserver (using Flask) to update it via the API. Basically, you set the script to run, create a configuration profile, and enjoy.
Further instructions and the script at my GitHub repo

5 REPLIES 5

bumbletech
Contributor III

Fantastic!

Now if only Apple would implement a way to do it without the command being generated on the server...

WhippsT
Contributor

Awesome work! This worked flawlessly... It's so much easier having a quick way to update the inventory on the fly for student devices.

echalupka
New Contributor III

This worked flawlessly... Thanks @GSSRyan and @bumbletech for telling me about this!

psarawit
New Contributor

Why doesn't it work when you add the link in the a Web Kit or Web view in swift? It work correctly as a web clip in JSS. But you can't add a web clip in to a Casper (Focus) single app mode.

WhippsT
Contributor

I know that this is an old solution, but is anyone else running into this issue? Everything has been working flawlessly for nearly 4 years now. Today we're seeing some odd behavior. When we submit a request for an update, it fails and all we get in the jss-flask window is gibberish.

321f1f3c84294048a826b4ed2b90103f

I have wiped and reinstalled Python 2.7.18, Flask, requests, and jss-flask. Nothing has changed on the JSS other than updating to 10.27.0 a couple weeks back. Any thoughts or guidance is appreciated!